2014年7月2日星期三

Garmin prototype 15 re-examine: Sports watch opening, fitness trailer succeeding

Garmin prototype 15 re-examine: Sports watch opening, fitness trailer succeeding

Having the status of the reviews editor designed for this tech blog, I often develop asked which fitness trailer I own. And I distinguish family: I don't need single, childish; I run marathons. Maybe with the aim of sounds snotty, but it's right: All through training season, by the side of smallest amount, I'm probably supplementary enthusiastic than nearly everyone family trade a fitness stripe. And above and beyond, I already own a running watch to track my while, distance and speed. With the aim of doesn't mean I can't avail yourself of a petty on top motivation, though. My doings slowed to a crawl this winter, specifically for the reason that I was burned unfashionable from all folks prolonged training runs. (The frigid weather didn't help either.) by the side of single detail, I didn't training designed for almost two weeks. I gained back the credence I lost carry on time, and my muscle throng shrank. It at the moment hurts to organize squats. Even so, asking me to wear an alternative device is a tough wholesale -- especially whilst it funds my stats are getting smear across various services.

Designed for family like me, there's the Garmin prototype 15, a sports watch with the aim of doubles having the status of a fitness trailer. Like other running watches, counting folks made by Garmin, the prototype 15 tracks your distance, speed and while. It's open with an elective affection rate television, and has a manageable run-walk setting. But it additionally tracks your doings linking workouts, forceful you how many steps you've taken and how many calories you've burned. It issues not-so-subtle reminders to move, lest you exhaust too much while now your cubicle. By the side of the same while, it doesn't organize everything a standalone fitness trailer would: It doesn't by design television your have forty winks lifestyle, and you can't log your food intake right away from the app. Priced by the side of $170 ($200 with the affection rate monitor), it overheads supplementary than your nothing out of the ordinary fitness trailer, but it's miserly designed for a running watch. So is it a profit deal? With the aim of all depends on your priorities.

Compared to other fitness trackers on the marketplace -- models from chops, Fitbit and Nike -- the prototype 15 is bulky, especially sporty-looking. Remember, though, with the aim of this is a running watch we're chatting more or less, not so much a fitness trailer. And compared to other sports watches, it's in point of fact pretty nonthreatening person. Like many of you, I'm upgrading from an elder mode, a much-clunkier watch called the prototype 110. And accede to me distinguish you: The credence difference is noticeable. The opening while I deposit this on, I kept back glancing back by the side of my wrist having the status of I ran up the jam, having the status of if I had elapsed something by the side of to your house. Nope, that's clearly could you repeat that? It feels like to take a load inedible.

Designed for the purposes of this re-examine, Garmin loaned me a black watch with electric-green accents. Not the color scheme I would allow pulled out, but real-life shoppers command by the side of smallest amount develop a catalog. Now addition to the green-and-black single, you can order it now black with blue accents, red with black accents, teal with ashen or else mauve with ashen. Anyway, it's not free to blend now with your everyday outfits the way a chops Up24 would, especially now these summer months whilst cover it with prolonged sleeves isn't really an option. Nearly everyone days, I stumped it unfashionable, even if the watch didn't reach with my dress, but near were a a small amount of days whilst I sacrificed fitness designed for shape and categorical to leave the stripe by the side of to your house.

Having the status of it happens, the size and design are identical to the prototype 10, a cheaper, $130 watch from Garmin with the aim of doesn't include skin texture like incessant step together with, affection rate tracking and interval training. Like the prototype 10, it has a plastic stripe with lots of sizing holes; and a 55 x 32-pixel show with the aim of shows two outline of text and is comfortable to read outdoors. It's additionally waterproof up to 50 meters, import you can shower with the incident, or else even reach swimming with it if you're so inclined (note: Garmin warns opposed to wearing this designed for high-speed hose sports like jet skiing, having the status of a wipeout may well still break the watch).

Now the box, you'll additionally retrieve a proprietary cradle with the aim of plugs into your computer's USB docks -- you'll avail yourself of with the aim of designed for charging and syncing the device. If I'm frank, I would allow preferred a standard micro-USB mount, but by the side of smallest amount the cradle is sturdier than on the 110. With the 110, I would on occasion wake up designed for a run to retrieve with the aim of my watch wasn't in point of fact charged. On the prototype 15, the cradle snaps now, so you in no way allow to wonder if the charging points are suitably aligned. Additionally, proprietary cable or else rebuff, the setup at this point is quite unpretentious: I've clearly been leaving the cradle plugged into my laptop, which funds I typically charge the watch prolonged otherwise I need to. Speaking of which, the prototype 15 is rated designed for five weeks now watch mode and eight hours of running, so your mileage command vary depending on your training regimen. With the aim of thought, I recently complete a two-hour run and still had three unfashionable of four bars of battery life, which funds Garmin's claims are probably pretty accurate.

I'll admit, gone difficult the prototype 15, I was tempted to return the pricier prototype 220 I recently purchased and develop this as a substitute. If you're like me -- a sprinter who additionally wants to track doings linking workouts -- the 15 is a compelling catalog. It offers a surprisingly robust countenance suite, single that's almost on par with the 220 (plus fitness tracking, of course). All told, too, could you repeat that? It does, it does well: Accurate GPS tracking, combined with prolonged battery life and timely reminders to develop up and move around. Right, it doesn't trouble with automatic have forty winks tracking, but with a design this bulky, I can't say I'd absence to wear it to bed anyway.

Near are other compromises having the status of well. For the reason that this is a running watch opening and a fitness trailer succeeding, it looks like, well, a running watch, which funds you probably won't absence to wear it all the while. There's sadly rebuff wireless syncing, and in this manner rebuff seamless way to develop all your data on your phone. Additionally, allowing for family are getting this watch for the reason that they absence a petty on top motivation all through the sunlight hours, it would come about kind if the watch and accompanying app did a petty supplementary to celebrate your achievements -- exceeding your day after day step goal, designed for instance. All with the aim of thought, the prototype 15 covers nearly everyone of the fitness-tracking basics, and overheads more or less the same having the status of a chief runner's watch. I say that's a profit deal. You know, so prolonged having the status of you're relatively serious more or less running.

Tags : Garmin Forerunner 15 , watch


没有评论:

发表评论